Re: Debian and MSA1000 SmartArray

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 06:18:46PM -0400, Rafael Mejías wrote:
> Hi, Alex.
>
> I can see the Qlogic card with a lspci command. The problem is that I
> cannot detect the MSA.
>
> I read that it is supposed to detect it as a sda drive but that is not
> happening. I have no idea where else to look.
I think you have to do more configuration the MSA1000 is a san appliance, ie
you need to configure up a lun and present it (if memory serves me correctly)

this is the info page

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/disk_storage/msa_diskarrays/san_arrays/msa1000/index.html

this is the drivers and firmware page

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=305215&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=377751&lang=en&cc=us

the psp (proliant support pack) - you said you had a dl380 g5

the support pack has all the hp tools for their box

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/101_6213.html

this is for the redhat 3 x86 (couldn't find the debian stuff), but you should
be able to shoe horn the stuff on - atleast to get you to manage the msa1000

down load the support pack and look for HP Array Configuration Utility for
Linux. Or down load it directly from the page - this will let you do your
management of the msa1000

have a look at hp.com/go/debian

proliant servers
downloads

look for Debian HP ProLiant Value Add Software AMD64/EM64T

Alex