Megaraid SAS install help

systemname kernel: sd 4:2:1:0: megasas: RESET -40216 cmd=2a
systemname kernel: megasas: [15]waiting for 256 commands to complete
repeated with different command countings.

Debian Etch 4.0 uses kernel 2.6.18, but the fix I need was introduced in 2.6.19
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.19
grep for
[SCSI] megaraid_sas: FW transition and q size changes

Currently I have no free extra machine to make a custom install kernel.
Is there a way around this or do I have to go the ugly way to do an install on a normal machine, get a new kernel, compile it install-ready, and then use that kernel for install?

If there is already a ready-to-use fixed version of Etch which either includes the fix or uses a newer kernel, please tell!

Joachim

--
Joachim Otahal
Technik