Re: [OT] Good, evil and religion [WAS] Re: A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 04:12:03PM -0400, judd@wadsworth.org wrote:
> On  9 May, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 11:02:24AM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> >> Ron Johnson:
> >> >

> > By definition, the natural man is *not* a spritiual man, and hence not
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> By no means a universally held Christian belief.  For example, read
> C.S. Lewis or Huston Smith.

1 Corinthains 2

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because
they are spiritually discerned.  15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all
things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Universally held or not, it appears that the Bible is very clear.

> > bron again, and hence not a Christian.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > -Roberto
> >

> The "born again" conversion experience is deemed much more important
> in American evangelical congregations than in mainline protestant or
> catholic ones.

John 3:

1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the
Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we
know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these
miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.  3 Jesus answered and
said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born
again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  4 Nicodemus saith unto him,
How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into
his mother's womb, and be born?  5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say
unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot
enter into the kingdom of God.  6 That which is born of the flesh is
flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  7 Marvel not
that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Considering that Jesus called it a *must*, I'd say it should be very
important to *every* Christian.  I don't tend to place importance on
things based on whether one group or another says that it is important.
I place importance on things based on what the Bible says is important.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez