RE: Debian Install + USB DVD

Thanks a lot!

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Sackville-West [mailto:andrew@farwestbilliards.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 11:25 PM
To: Павел
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Debian Install + USB DVD

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 11:14:30PM +0400, Павел wrote:
> Thanks a lot! But maybe I can get a floppy-driver for my Sony 820-UL? I
> didn`t want erase my Windows, because I beginner in Linux-community.
Thank.

if there is a floppy drive, youshould be able to use it. See the
debian installation manual about how to install from floppies (okay,
its really booting form floppies). I'm not sure that will solve your
porblem though, as the cd drive may still not be visible. worth a shot
though.

Also, the www.goodbye-microsoft.com will allow you to retain your
windows installation. All it does is setup your system up to boot from
a disk image on the harddrive. You get the regular installer which
will allow you to adjust partitions and keep your windows
installation.

ps., please keep responses on the list.