Re: Re: xhosts problem

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 17:46 +0530, Vidyadhar Gadgil wrote:
> > On Wed, 09 May 2007 15:19:13 +0530
> > Vidyadhar Gadgil <vgadgil@gmail.com> wrote:
[snipped buncha stuff]
> > > Isn't there any way to give fedora-like ability to open
> > > xwindows-dependent programmes as the original user. Some /etc/Xhost*
> > > file or something (I could not find any such in my fc5 install)? Or to
> > > avoid these hanging problems when switching users with many processes
> > > running?
> >
> > Have you tried the 'sux' package? That should solve the problem you
> > describe.
>
> Installed sux and tried it out. No luck when I tried 'sux user' --
> evolution froze up again. But 'sux - user' worked perfectly. Why is
> that?
>
> Anyway, thanks a ton, you have solved the problem. Would be curious to
> know, though, whether the hanging I sometimes experience when using the
> fast-user-switch-applet is a bug? Of course, sux is a much better option
> for my needs, but I'm curious anyway.

"sux - username" refreshes the "users environment"

So instead of "sux username" that keeps all of YOUR environmental
variables, so it is username in your world.

Whereas "sux - username" changes all environmental variables to
username's, making it possible to operate as then proper.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C  2003-08-05