problem recording sound: etch & creative audigy

I have a dual boot box.  etch & WinXP.  The MB is a
Soyo KT333 Dragon Lite.  I am having trouble recording
sound (in particular using Skype).  I disabled the
onboard sound since I couldn't get that to work with
either XP or etch.

I bought and installed a Creative Audigy SE.  This
works fine in XP; however, in etch I can hear sound
(speaker-test) but can't figure out how to configure
the mike.

I really don't know where to start with this.  Any

Thanks.
--Len

It's here! Your new message!