Re: Japanese fonts in gnome-terminal

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 09:00:30AM +0200, Daniel Palmer wrote:
> What LANG or LC_CTYPE are you running it with? You generally need to
> start applications with either EUC-JP or UTF (The variant of UTF
> shouldn't matter, I have Japanese input/display with a British UTF8
> locale). Run locale in a terminal and see what happens.

I have nothing of this set except LANG=en_US. However, my problem is
not running the application with Japanese menus or input capabilities
(I can run abiword/gedit/iceweasel in Japanese, with input
capabilities and all), only displaying Japanese text in the terminal.
As I said in other mail in this thread, my problem seems to be
specific to mutt and jed, and possibly other applications. The same
LANG environment and Terminal Character encoding that lets me 'cat' a
Japanese email and see it correctly in gnome-terminal, does not allow
me to read that email in mutt or edit it in jed.

Regards,

Victor