Re: mutt is the bomb! (LDAP addressbook integration)

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 04:36:45AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:39:12AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 07:48:50PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> >
> > > I have rambled on a fair bit now, but I just wanted to share my renewed
> > > admiration for mutt and its extensibility.  Hopefully someone will find
> > > this helpful.
> >
> > Very nice. I am back to using mutt because the maildir plug-in for
> > claws-mail is (again) out of sync and claws won't start. Until now there
> > are two things I miss:
> >
> > 1. A way to look (copy & paste) to other messages while I am composing
> > a new one. Now I'm thinking that I could start a second instance of mutt
> >
> > 2. more an editor issue, I haven't found any editor to do auto-wrapping
> > the way claws' editor is doing it.
> >
> As for wrapping, IIUC, I just use 'v' to select the text in vim and the
> use 'gq'.

In vim, you don't need to select the text first though - 'gq' reformats
the current paragraph.

As an alternative in Vim, you could try

    :set filetype=mail textwidth=72 formatoptions+=ac

Which will make Vim auto format on-the-fly. Personally, I find that a bit
*too* keen on reformatting things, but probably just because I haven't
got the hang of it yet...

Another nice thing: in vim:

    :set spell spelllang=en_gb

and hey presto: spell check on the fly!