Re: apache2 - SSL

On May 8, 2007, at 10:20 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 10:09:41PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:

Tried that.  I eventually made things work by removing a lot of the
SSL directives out of the <if mod_ssl> block and running them from
httpd.conf.
This is probably not what is expected if the configuration came
shipped with these directives embedded in the <if..> block.
But it's pretty repeatable that it works only when it's called
outside of the block.

i'm down to a smallish error about the BasicConstraint: CA == TRUE
which I don't really understand what it means.
But other than that, it appears to work.

I had to also remove all the domain aliasing which is included by
default.
Kind of a lot of things to "undo" when configuring apache+ssl.

Hmmm, I've never had to "undo" much when setting up apache to run on
SSL. Are you setting up virtual hosts or running everything out of the
main configuration?  I suspect that you are not running virtual hosts,
which may be the source of some confusion. I would try asking for help
in the #apache channel on freenode.

The virtual hosting was a part of the debian configuration "out of the box".

I have no need for it.  I'm going to remove it.
I think I have this "working" for now.
Might have to review a few things to make certain that it's secure.

Just because it works, doesn't mean it's right?