Re: grub and rootfs as LVM

> I setup /boot as a seperate disk parition.  The rest is for LVM.
> /dev/volume/root is OK when I use a rescue CDRom.  And I re-build the
> initrd, adding all dm-* modules to the initrd.  Any suggestion?

Try use /dev/mapper/volume-root instead.
I'm not sure why, but I recently had a similar problem where using
/dev/Debian/root didn't work but /dev/mapper/Debian-root did (even though
once the boot is over, /dev/Debian/root can be used just fine, it looks
like the alternate name is constructed later).

Hi Stefan,

Would you please tell me how to create a initrd with LVM support in Debian?  I used the initramfs tool.  Thank you very much!

Best regards,
yuwen

        Stefan