Problems with KDE on mounted home

Hi

I have been testing KDE on a mounted home directory. I am using sshfs.

I have changed the different KDE variables so everything point to
the mounted home directory. I have also made sure that both uid and
gid are the same on the local and remote machine.

When I try to start KDE I get this error found in .xsession_errors:

<SNIP>
Xsession: X session started for dave at ons maj  9 04:24:02 CEST 2007
startkde: Starting up...
kdeinit: Aborting. bind() failed: : Operation not permitted
Could not bind to socket '/home/dave/kde-tmp/ksocket-dave/kdeinit__1'
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
kdeinit: Aborting. bind() failed: : Operation not permitted
Could not bind to socket '/home/dave/kde-tmp/ksocket-dave/kdeinit__1'
Could not register with DCOPServer. Aborting.
ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!
startkde: Shutting down...
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
startkde: Done.
</SNIP>

The directory /home/dave/kde-tmp/ksocket-dave/ does exist.

What I don't understand is, what is going on here:

kdeinit: Aborting. bind() failed: : Operation not permitted

What bind operation is that and how do I make it work?

Best and kind regards,
Rico