Re: debian linux-image update

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 06:53:23PM +0530, Vidyadhar Gadgil wrote:
> Recently some kernel update for debian etch appeared, which I duly
> installed. In Fedora, when this used to be done, the grub entry would
> get automatically updated. But here it does not seem to have happened,
> the entry is the same as the original one. apt-get shows both the
> linux-images installed. Some searching on the net yielded some
> information about a programme called grub-update, but can't find this.

There was recently a kernel security fix.  It changed the running
kernel; the kernel version number did not change.  Therefore grub's
menu.list will look the same.  In general, when a new kernel version is
installed, there will be a new entry in menu.lst.

All your kernels should be in /boot.  Are there any there that don't
have matching entries in menu.list?

Doug.