(solved on my own) Re: how to use dpkg to list some packages

aptitude search \!~i~sdoc only lists 4 packages.

surely main of sarge has far more than that.

I've got many replies, none solved my question. Thanks anyway.

I'm java programmer, I'd rather write a program to parse a file in
/var/lib/apt/lists
to list desired packages.