Re: installing X libraries?? -- need your help!

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 04:44:59AM -0700, lommels@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm new in Linux. I installed Debian Linux "Etch" for Intel x86-CPU.
> Everything is ok. Then I tried to install a kdm theme called "QtCurve-
> KDE3-0.48.5" and I have to compile it. So I installed the gcc and g++
> packages and the kernel sources.

kernel sources? I doubt very much that you will need the kernel sources
in order to compile a KDE theme ...

> This was decribed by an article I googled.

An URL would be nice

> Then I started the 3 steps
> for installtion with  ./
> configure   but it brakes with the following message:
>
> tom@debian:~/test$ ./configure
[snip]
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X libraries. Please
> check your installation and add the correct paths!
> tom@debian:~/test$
> What should I do, now?  Must I install a few packages?

Sounds like you need to install libx11-dev.

There might be other libraries you need, but those checks are likely
further on...

Does the theme have a useful README or INSTALL file? They usually list
the compile-time dependencies...

Hope this helps
--
Karl E. Jorgensen