Re: Install Debian Etch on VMWare server 1.0.3

On May 5, 9:00 am, elpresiden...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to install etch on vmware
> server, which runs on iwndows 2003. During the install it hangs during
> the "select and install software" phase. After I've selected the FTP
> mirror
>  and it has scanned it, and I've selected the software I want it to
> install it hangs at 5% for ever.
>
> Anyone encounter this before? Any ideas on how to solve this?

I've just installed the official etch release (net install iso) on
VMserver 1.0.3 (running on XP SP2) last weekend.

- i select Other Linux 2.6 kernel (32 bit)
- i built a virtual partition of 4GB
- i select NAT for networking between VM and host

during the install, i choose DHCP for network settings and everything
went as usual.