Re: Install Debian Etch on VMWare server 1.0.3

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 02:40:43PM +0200, elpresidente1@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to install etch on vmware
> server, which runs on iwndows 2003. During the install it hangs during
> the "select and install software" phase. After I've selected the FTP
> mirror
> and it has scanned it, and I've selected the software I want it to
> install it hangs at 5% for ever.
>
> Anyone encounter this before? Any ideas on how to solve this?

there was some mail on this list a couple months ago on this
problem. THere was some bug in the installer that caused the network
to hang and that caused the install to hang too. WHat version of etch
are you using? you might try switching over to a VT during the install
and poke around at the network and see what you can see there.