Re: TeTex to TeXLive

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 15:06:50 -0400, Michael Marsh wrote:
> On 5/7/07, Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 May 2007 14:53:18 -0400
>> Amy Templeton <amy.g.templeton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > So recently, occasionally when upgrading (I use Lenny) I've
>> > had to remove some TeX component or other because it now
>> > won't depend on TeTeX. So I suppose that that means it's
>> > time to get with the program and upgrade to TeXLive, since
>> > it actually updates, but I've also heard tell that people
>> > experience big problems when moving over from TeTeX instead
>> > of just installing TeXLive onto a system without any former
>>
>> I didn't have any problems, but you can always first purge the tetex
>> installation if you want to be sure.
>
> Ditto for me.  The only problem I had was the massive list of
> localizations that were included by default, which I later purged.

I did not have any problems either, and I do not recall any really
negative tetex-texlive transition experiences being reported on this
list so far. In some rare cases people have found that they had to
delete some file(s) in their ~/.texmf-var directory, but that's about
it. (Latex gave an error message which pointed out the problematic
file(s) if I remember correctly.)

          Florian   |