Re: reporting problems with unstable

Arnfinn Ringvold wrote:

> Perhaps the unstable team is continously aware of such
> problems and would only be unnececarily bothered by regular users
> sending in reports?

Anybody can report bugs. I have always found that developers/maintainers are
excited to receive bug reports and fix them. Bugs with patches are the
best, IMHO.

Before reporting any bugs, please search the BTS (http://bugs.debian.org)
and see if it is already reported. I suggest using reportbug as it
automatically collects info such as your distribution, versions of
dependencies installed etc.,

Regarding upgrading issues, usually it is something like one of the
dependenices has not yet made into the queue. So wait for a couple of days
and if you still have upgrading issues, then please report it.

hth
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi