Re: Problems in installing Windows in VMWare 5.5 on debian

Liao Xuefeng wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have installed vmware workstation 5.5 in debian etch r0, but it has
> problems in installing windows xp. some files cannot be found in CD-ROM or
> ISO (both I have tried). Anybody who installed windows successfully in
> vmware on Linux?
>
>     Yours
> sincerely.
>
> Liao Xuefeng
>
> New book: Spring 2.0 Core Technology and Best Practice
> Website: http://www.livebookstore.net

Yeah,
I have installed VMware w/s on sid without a hitch.
My only hickup was with Microsoft, as the virtual machine was not recognized
as a Dell laptop, and therefore I was requested "to buy a legal copy" upon
registration. I called MS and explained that I was actually installing a
legal copy of XP Pro in a virtual machine and they OK'ed my registration.
Further no problems apart from an absolutely abysmal network performance.
About a 1/3 of my normal throughput under Linux.

Jan

--
** Do NOT use the reply-to address. You'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: jan A.T schledermann D0T org