Re: debian verizon.net and smtp

On Friday 04 May 2007 05:49, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> When I try sending any email out on my verizon.net account with debian I
> get asked for the password for verizon.net and then get told the message
> wasn't sent because no mail from command was sent.  Is exim4 needing some
> configuration repairs for this to work?
Is your service with Verizon -- DSL  or   FIOS ??
Are you using a router that sets up your local addresses as NAT addresses
behind the router they supplied? If you are on FIOS & using a static IP
address, then your system may not be configured  properly, as you need to get
around the hardware firewall that is built into the router. This is not an
issue where DHCP is used.  I got around this problem by setting up my mail
account on my home equipment to use the verizon.net smtp server and only
using exim for my local net mail. Try seting your "sending" smtp
to 'outgoing.verizon.net'  & your recieving to 'incoming.verizon.net'
Good luck!!
--
John W. Foster