RE: private LAN ldap (was Re: Bookmarks across browsers)

Click on "new" ... I'm using Outlook ... type in
debian-user@lists.debian.org in the "To:" field ... type in a subject in the
"Subject:" field ... compose the body of my question / plea for assistance
.... and then click on the "Send" button.

Pretty basic "stuff", but if I do it that way the list doesn't EVER seem to
get my postings ... :O(

I have unsubscribed and then subscribed again more than once and dutifully
replied to the CONFIRM emails that I receive. While I do receive the
postings of others, and can reply to them, I can not create a message of my
own ... :O(

I have sent an email to listmaster@lists.debian.org ... to which Cord
Beermann replied saying that I needed to send "Plain Text" messages as some
sort of HTML code was attached to my messages that was "black listed" ... I
replied to Cord asking for clarification on what HTML code was being sent
with my messages so I could try and troubleshoot from this end, but as of
yet have not heard back from Cord or any other listmasters .... but the
logic doesn't make sense to me. If all my emails contain banned HTML, then
how come I can reply to messages? Also if in fact some banned code is going
out, I would like to know what it is as it might point to some sort of viral
or root kit infection that I'm not aware of !!!

So after all that ... Do you know how to add an Environment variable in
Linux? Remembering my old DOS days it was just Set <variable name> = <string
contents set the variable to> ... but that was a long time ago and now I'm
not 100% sure and in any case it didn't work to create the "CC" environment
variable that I need to set ... :O(

Jan

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:11 PM