Re: OT: DVD formats

Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> writes:

> I used DVD-R DL, and my DVD player could play the first _half_ of the
> disk. Which tells me that it read one layer, but not the other layer.

I recently has similar problems. To burn a 7.4GB file, I had to use udf
extensions.

If I let KDE mount this disc, it will mount it with iso9660 without
udf. In this case, the files are truncated. ls -l reports a 3.1GB file
instead of 7.4GB.

So I had to "mount -t udf " the disc as root. When the disc was
mounted as udf, I could see the whole file and verify its content with
md5sum.

HTH

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they