[Fwd: Re: how to hide the mouse pointer]

Tyler Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if it would be possible to configure the mouse pointer
> > to disappear when not in use. I know I can just move it out of the way
> > into a corner somewhere, not a big deal. But if it's possible to have
> > the pointer just disappear after a few seconds of inactivity, and
> > reappear the next time I move it, that would be handy.
> >
> > Not a real burning issue, I know. Is this possible, and if so how? Is
> > this something that X can do, or is it controlled by the wm?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tyler

Check out unclutter:

>From http://packages.debian.org/stable/x11/unclutter :

Package: unclutter (8-5)
hides the cursor in X after a period of inactivity

unclutter hides your X mouse cursor when you don't need it, to prevent
it from getting in the way. You have only to move the mouse to restore
the mouse cursor.

-- Renan Mendes Carvalho <aitherios@gmail.com>
begin:vcard
fn:Renan Mendes Carvalho