Re: [OT] Re: Debian User List
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Debian User List
- From: "s. keeling" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 02:34:37 GMT
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20070331203247.GB12153@fantomas.sk> <20070331204513.GB23347@yi.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070401180411.GA25763@kitenet.net> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1243388.ZLNxZuVRPb@ursa-major.ursine.ca> <email@example.com> <20070423233741.GB3679@ackbar> <462D4E39.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew J. Barr <email@example.com>:
> Michael Pobega wrote:
> > Oh, and the point of this mail is that I too fall into the "Young"
> > group, seeing as I'm seventeen. While most of my friends have spent half
> > the day boasting about how AOL has a new layout, I've been trying to get
> > a LUG set up in my local area.
> I'm 22, FWIW. I can't help but think whenever I happen upon sites like
> this, things designed for people my age, "what an amazingly useless
> waste of resources!"
>  http://avatars.yahoo.com/ -- I was told this was the reason people
> on my Jabber account's Yahoo transport roster had these strange
> bobble-head buddy icons. Oh yeah, the "site requires Windows or OS X and
> Flash for no good reason."
I've just tested it with Galeon. It works. Painful, but it works.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
(*) http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling Linux Counter #80292
- - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html Please, don't Cc: me.