Re: GRUB launch a CD?

[This message has also been posted to linux.debian.user.]
In article <8eIms-mL-13@gated-at.bofh.it>, Roby wrote:
> cls@truffula.sj.ca.us wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to be able to test and demonstrate live CDs.
>> Is there a way to tell GRUB to boot a CD?
>>
>> Cameron
>
> Yes there is!  Look here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-grub@gnu.org/msg06678.html

That was just *too* easy.  For the record:
mount Debian install CD at /media/cdrom0.  Copy image
to boot directory.  Copy memdisk from syslinux.
Add to /boot/grub/menu.lst.  Thank you!

  dd if=/media/cdrom0/install/sbm.bin of=/boot/sbm.img bs=1k count=32
  cp /usr/lib/syslinux/memdisk /boot
  cat >> /boot/grub/menu.lst <<woot

title  boot whatever CD is in the drive, via SBM
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/memdisk
initrd (hd0,0)/boot/sbm,img

woot

Of course if you don't like typing into cat(1), you
can use a text editor.

Cameron