Re: Etch back to Sarge
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Etch back to Sarge
- From: Alan Ianson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:15:49 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Monday 30 April 2007 16:41, bigoperm wrote:
> I need to downgrade from Etch back to Sarge. The only resource I have is
> the original Sarge install CD. How can I use this CD to reinstall Sarge
> (over Etch) without using any data?
There is no (official) downgrade path, only upgrade.
> My intuition tells me all I need to do is skip the partition phase of the
> install, and things should be okay; however to do so requires that a root
> filesystem must be mounted. Is there a boot option I can pass to the
> installer to tell it to mount my already existing system? Thanks in
You could install sarge into a partition that has etch and just don't format
it, I don't recommend that though. I think the best way is a good backup of
your data and a fresh install of sarge.