Re: hda:lost interrupt!!!

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 05:26:13PM +0530, shyam narayanan wrote:
> hi all,
> I had a perfect debian installation and as i boot up i am getting the
> error messsage
> hda:lost interrupt
> hda:DMA interrupt recovery
> hda:dma_timer_expiry:dma status == 0x24

> i had a working copy of ubuntu 6.10 which stopped working as i

> normally when ubuntu 6.10 was working,it started by showing the message
> BIOS bug no explicit IRQ entries,using default mptable(tell ur hw ventor)
> AFTER ALL THESE i am now from ubuntu 6.06 which installed today
> morning without any problem.
> I have the HDD paritions,hda1,hda7,hda10,hda9,hda6 and hda8 as swap parition
> is the problems with this uncontinous nubering of partitions??

Wait for a while to see if someone else has a better idea, but I would
suggest a total clean install of Etch.

Why do you have more than one swap partition on one drive?  How did you
end up with noncontinuous partition numbers?

While you're waiting, read the intallation manual and debian reference.

Doug.