Re: How to Choose dependencies using apt-get/aptitude

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for replying, and sorry for the late reply from my
end.

Actually, after reading your suggestions, I decided to
try again from scratch on another Debian system (rather,
Debian based Ubuntu 7.04). Strangely enough, I could not
reproduce the problem. After I installed lighttpd using
apt-get, I tried to install mediawiki, and it got installed
without installing apache at all. But the problem persisted
on my original system. Later, I just removed (purged) lighttpd
and reinstalled it. After that I could install mediawiki without
apache getting installed in the process. I could not figure
out the reason for the original problem, although my problem
got solved. I can only guess that the lighttpd installation was
not complete earlier.

Regards,
Santanu