Re: how to make a symlink

somethin2cool wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

>>> As ALWAYS, I mean exactly what I say, and not something similar.
>>
>> no you didn't. what you said was your missing some basic features and
>> one of them is linking to files. The actual problem you're having
>> though is that you can't get an executable to work the way you
>> expect. These are different things with different resolutions.
>> others have addressed what I think may be your issue, so I will bow
>> out of this discussion.
>>
>> [...]
>>> And while we're at things which are impossible to find out, I need to
>>> know how to mount a logical partition. (currently the only partition
>>> in an extended partition I would describe as sda4)
>>
>> man mount

> No (for goodness sake, you people are supposed to be smart), I asked
> what I wanted to know. I can start the program fine. Hence having been
> using it for the last few days? This group is more annoying than helpful.
>
> How about debian-fact-exchange@

Now that was the one message I was waiting for.

Bye.  something2cool must be too cool for me, because it just hit my
kill file.  I tried to help, really I did.

I will grant that some people here can be quite annoying, but that is no
reason for such an attitude.  something2cool started off that way.
Maybe use xubuntu and complain to them when it doesn't work as expected.