Re: how to make a symlink

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 02:07:31PM +0100, somethin2cool wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 10:11:40PM +0100, somethin2cool wrote:
> >>not using Gnome or KDE, I seem to be mising some basic features (like
> >>search). One of these is the ability to make links to files. I want to
> >>make a link to seamoney, which has not registered as a browser, nor
> >>has it registered a command. Thus putting a symlink to seamonkey in
> >>bin ought to suffice until I learn more.
> >
> >what do you mean it hasn't registered a command?
> >
> >if you type seamonkey in a terminal, does it work?
> >
> >or are you talking about your menus?
> >
> >you're using xfce right? you can edit the menus in
> >X->xfce->settings->menu editor.
> >
> >or are you trying to put button on your taskbar? Your question is not
> >clear.

> As ALWAYS, I mean exactly what I say, and not something similar.

no you didn't. what you said was your missing some basic features and
one of them is linking to files. The actual problem you're having
though is that you can't get an executable to work the way you
expect. These are different things with different resolutions.

others have addressed what I think may be your issue, so I will bow
out of this discussion.

[...]
> And while we're at things which are impossible to find out, I need to
> know how to mount a logical partition. (currently the only partition in
> an extended partition I would describe as sda4)

man mount