Re: Black screen before login

Sorry about my ignorance, some conventions I don't know well (yeat), but "virtual console" means a command line in Terminal?
If it´s correct, I should do this:

tail -f /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Thanks.

Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com> escreveu:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:41:57 -0300 (ART)
Renato Gondim Filho wrote:

> Yes, but the computer is not connected to the LAN. Here is the hosts
> file:
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 127.0.1.1 blaster
> ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
> ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

That looks OK.

> Is there any log file to look for?
> Thanks.

The X server logs to /var/log/Xorg.0.log, while clients log to
~/.xsession-errors. You could try a 'tail -f' on those files in a
virtual console and see if you get a long pause at a particular line.

--

Liam