Re: How to determine which filesystems are available

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 11:22 +0200, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I inserted a Mac HFS formatted USB stick, and to my surprise a window
> popped up in Gnome, displaying its contents.
> Debian handles the HFS filesystem by default??
>
> Which makes me wonder, how I could determine which filesystems are
> available. Are HFS+ and UFS supported?
> Or, to put it more precisely: support for which filesystems is compiled
> into the kernel.
>
> In another distro I have, they are listed in /etc/filesystems, but in
> Debian I can't find anything like that.

 modprobe -l | grep \/fs | less

Those would be the modules available. Not to mention the one actually
compiled in the kernel.

But if we really want to see what is available wenee to look at the
config:

        cat /boot/config-`uname -r` | grep \_FS | less

This will tell you exactly what is available, in module form compiled in
and what is left out (not configured)
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup