Re: DBUS / Terminal

On 4/28/07, somethin2cool <somethin2cool@yahoo.com> wrote:
debian:/home/dave# thunar
Thunar: Failed to connect to the D-BUS session bus: Did not receive a
reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
exit
stop
su
help

a) Why? How to fix?
b) How do I get control of the terminal again? I have to start a new one

Just answering your second question here.

Look up job control in the bash manual.  Ctrl-Z will suspend the
process you've started and return you to the prompt.  After that, 'bg'
will background the process.  You can also background a process by
following the command line with an &.

--
Kushal