Troubles with my modem

My problem:

I have a M70 Toshiba Satellite and Debian 4.0 installed.
I already have sl-modem-daemon packet and I´ve configured several times
/etc/wvdial.conf and checked /etc/ppp/ppers/wvdial, pap-secrets and
chap-secrets, and from root I gave privileges to users have access to them.
I have gnome-ppp too to access ppp from gnome.

By wvdial through root, I almost get modem connected but I always get an
error in idle time that doesn´t let me contiune.

With gnome-ppp have the next error-message:
<***************>

--> Ignoring malformed input line: ";Do NOT edit this file by hand!"
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.56
--> Cannot get information for serial port.
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATZ
ATZ
OK
--> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
OK
--> Modem initialized.
--> Sending: ATM1L3DT060110
--> Waiting for carrier.
ATM1L3DT060110
CONNECT 52000
--> Carrier detected.  Starting PPP immediately.
--> Starting pppd at Sat Apr 28 12:48:03 2007
--> Pid of pppd: 4033
--> Disconnecting at Sat Apr 28 12:48:04 2007
--> The PPP daemon has died: pppd options error (exit code = 2)
--> man pppd explains pppd error codes in more detail.
--> I guess that's it for now, exiting
--> The PPP daemon has died. (exit code = 2)

I´ll really appreciate if you can guide me, last time with Debian in my
PC I got my modem ready, but now I can´t.

Thanks a lot,

B.