Black screen before login

Hi list.

I have some computers running Debian, and one of them (pentium 300mhz, 396 MB RAM), in the starting, before the desktop login appears, a black screen appears for 3 minutes. The hd doesn't work during this black screen. I tried other desktop (IceWm, blackbox) and the result is the same. Does anyone knows what could be wrong? In others list, a user of a pentium 200mhz said it's loaded instantly in that machine. Any information will be welcome.

My thanks in advance.

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/