Re: ssi on apache2 doesn't work

On 4/26/07, Jeff D <fixedored@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Kent West wrote:

> I've installed apache2 and gotten the site moved over, and it seems that
> everything works (it's a simple site), but I've noticed that some links give
> 404s. On closer inspection, these links point to index.shtml files rather
> than index.html files.

first run:
a2enmod include
that will insure that mod_includes is loading Then in your
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default change it to relfect this:

<Directory /home/web/htdocs/hughes/148/072/>
        Options FollowSymLinks +Includes
        AllowOverride None

        ## added to enable ssi
        AddType text/html .shtml
        AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml

</Directory>

then, restart apache and you should be good.

Nope; still getting the 404s.

I had already done the "a2enmod include".

The two lines (AddType ... and AddOutput...) were already in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, which I assumed would be sufficient, but at your prompting, I added it to my 000-default file and restarted apache2; no difference.

Thanks for the try anyway! I think I'll give it up for the night and switch back to Solaris for now. I'll try again tomorrow.

--
Kent West