Re: Ruby Gems and Debian packages of Ruby Gems

On 04/26/2007 12:10 AM, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Debian has 2 groups involved in Ruby, both have home pages and mailing
> lists on the Debian 'alioth' site. This page[0] will explain the
> pkg-ruby-extras policy on gems. If you need more details, ask the
> mailing list related to them.
> [0] http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/rubygems.html
> =K

Thanks. I have subscribed, but didn't post my question yet. Seems
like a pretty low-volume list.

The page[0] certainly clarifies the *why*, but does not discuss the
practical ramifications of choosing one method over another. I
will post my questions on their list soon, after I see some
activity.

--
Glen