Re: audacity number fonts

On Friday 20 Apr 2007, Bob McGowan wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> >> I sometimes feel I have a completely different version of Debian
> >> to everyone else :-(
> >
> > I know the feeling. I'm going through that with oocalc lately. on
> > one machine certain files won't open and crash the program, but
> > work fine on others. bah.
> >
> > to your problem. I'd guess its more of a font issue than an
> > audacity issue. I know that doesn't really help, but maybe it will
> > steer you in the right direction.

> I'm actually having font problems with Audacity, as well, but have
> not had time to figure anything out.
>
> In my case, menu titles and sub-menu lists are practically
> unreadable. This also impacts some TCL/Tk based apps like tkman.  So
> my problem sounds a bit more general in nature.
>
> I have a second system, basic etch with KDE and Audacity, in which
> everything is fine, so, when I get time, I'll be comparing between
> the two to see if anything obvious can be found.
>
> Bob

I am still having problems, although today I loaded up iceweasel for the
first time (I normally use Konqureror) and it was showing a similar
problem.

I suppose its something to do with gtk2 fonts.   But I don't really know
what I could have wrong.  Anyone with ideas. - is the somthing I should
try and re-install?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk