Re: audacity number fonts

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:44:53 -0700
Bob McGowan <bob_mcgowan@symantec.com> dijo:

> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> I'm actually having font problems with Audacity, as well, but have not
> had time to figure anything out.
>
> In my case, menu titles and sub-menu lists are practically unreadable.
> This also impacts some TCL/Tk based apps like tkman.  So my problem
> sounds a bit more general in nature.
>
> I have a second system, basic etch with KDE and Audacity, in which
> everything is fine, so, when I get time, I'll be comparing between the
> two to see if anything obvious can be found.

I started using Audacity on Ubuntu Dapper last fall and I had similar
experiences. The numbers were really numbers, not just 0, but they were
out of position and fuzzy looking. I had this experience with some
other applications that used gtk 1.2, so I assumed that is what it was.
In January I upgraded my Dapper machine to Edgy and the problem
remained. However, on another computer I installed a fresh version of
Feisty and the problem was resolved. I note the version on that machine
is 1.2.6. I don't need Audacity on my Etch computer, but I still have
it on my Edgy computer.

I launched it only to be told by Alacarte that the program was missing.
I have no idea how that happened, because I sure don't recall
uninstalling it. Anyway, I went into Synaptic on the Edgy computer and
reinstalled it. I am happy to report that the font issue has
disappeared. Strangely, the version on the Feisty computer is 1.2.6
(just installed a few days ago) and the version on the Edgy computer is
1.3.0-beta, installed just a few minutes ago. There was only one
version listed in Synaptic on the Edgy computer. Strange that the Edgy
repositories evidently have a newer version than the Feisty
repositories.

Anyway, check what version you have because a newer version might
resolve the font problems.