Newbie Samba help

I just installed the latest OS using a NetInst CD and during the install I checked the boxes for "File Server" and "Print Server" and I have been to Http://localhost:901 to verify that Samba is up and running.

I can "see" the Debian server from my Win XP machines, and also from the Debian side I can access files in the "Shared Documents" folder on the Win Xp machine open them and copy them back to the Debian desktop. So Samba must be up an running properly.However, I can't access the Debian folders from the Win Xp machine.

I have setup a User on the Debian side called "Jan" and logged in using that password on the Debian machine no problem. I have renamed my Win Xp user account to "Jan" and used the exact same password. When I try to access the Debian server (through Network Places) I am prompted for a User and Pswd, to which I provide the same Jan and the Pswd and it fails to connect. I have tried it both logged out and logged in on the Debian server using User Jan.

I have looked at the settings at http://localhost:901 and compared them to the manual at http://www.faqs.org/docs/samba/toc.html. As best I can figure everything looks fine.

As I said I haven't changed so much as one setting from the default Samba setup that installs right from the NetInst CD. Is there some overall security setting on the Debian that I need to allow? Is there a default firewall that I need to configure to allow access? Or does this sound like a problem from my Win Xp side?

Cheers,

Jan

Checked by AVG Free Edition.