moved system to different partition; grub boot problems

Hi,

I recently had some problems with my sata drive (sda), so I got an IDE drive,
did a fresh install of etch to partition 1 (hdc1), put home on partition 4
(hdc4), and left partition 2 blank.  I then copied my sid system from sda10
to hdc2, using dd.  Everything looks fine in hdc2, and when I mount it while
in etch, I find everything there.  I have the computer first boot off of the
IDE drive (grub is also installed there, as well as on the SATA drive).  My
IDE etch /boot/grub/menu.lst has the following lines:

title		Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-4-k7
root		(hd0,0)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-4-k7 root=/dev/hdc1 ro
initrd		/boot/initrd.img-2.6.18-4-k7
savedefault

title		Debian GNU/Linux, IDE-sid 386
root		(hd0,1)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdc2 ro
initrd		/boot/initrd.img
savedefault

title		Debian GNU/Linux, SATA-sid 386
root		(hd1,9)
kernel		/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda10 ro
initrd		/boot/initrd.img
savedefault

There is no problem booting the etch kernel (first in the list), and there is
no problem booting to the old sid system on the sata drive (last on the
list).  But I cannot boot to the sid system on the IDE drive.  If I choose
that option when logging in, it boots from the sata drive.  If I disconnect
the sata drive, it begins to boot, but then eventually stops while looking
for the sata drive.

I thought I put the entries in menu.lst correctly (correct me if I'm wrong),
and I'm wondering if the initrd.img or vmlinuz files are indexed to the
particular drive they are on (and thus wouldn't work by simply using dd to
copy them over).  I thought it might be the old grub on the sata drive, so I
removed the menu.lst file from the first partition on the sata drive, but am
still getting booted into the sata drive.  Does anyone have any thoughts
about how to boot into the sid system on the IDE's second partition?  I don't
know what is telling it to boot from sda10 instead of hdc2.

Thanks,
Ric