Re: Icedove: Disable Ctrl-Enter, keyboard shortcuts more generally.

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:21:35 +0200, Mathias Brodala wrote:

> Hello Alexander.
>
> Alexander McLeay, 23.04.2007 11:55:
>> Icedove has a feature where if you press Ctrl-Enter, it offers to send the
>> email. If you press Ctrl-Enter, Enter, it sends the email. Is it possible
>> to disable this, so pressing Ctrl-Enter does nothing, or at worst enters a
>> new line into the message?
>
> Not sure, but maybe this[0] is of use to you.
> [0] http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#keys

Hm, it tells me how to change it from being Ctrl-Enter to Alt-Enter (along
with everything else) ... seeing as I never use any of the Ctrl-combos
that become Alt-combos, it looks like it’s a solution that works, but not
in the best way possible. Thanks for your help. (The rest in it is
directed towards the old suite, and it’s different enough I can’t convert
it properly.)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:06:04 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> I'm not sure whether it originated with MS or Netscape, but
> Ctrl-Enter has been used for many years to Send Email.

Its history is irrelevant. I don’t care who started it or how many mail
clients do it; I just want it to stop!

--
Alexander.