Re: X11 display terribly slow after upgrade

Zlatko Calusic wrote:

> CONFIG_AGP=y
> CONFIG_AGP_VIA=y
> CONFIG_DRM=y
> CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y
>
> On the other machine, xorg.conf is identical (I just commented out
> AGPMode and GARTSize), but I don't have anything compiled in the
> kernel. That's an unrelated question, but I would be glad if someone
> gave me a pointer: when I have an AGP card I enable AGP in the kernel,
> and DRM for the specific card, what is the procedure with PCIe card
> (e.g. Radeon Xpress 200M)? I sure do need to RTFM on this topic, good
> pointer to such would be appreciated.

For a PCIE card just don't configure AGP
  CONFIG_AGP=n
  CONFIG_DRM=y
  CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y

But the Xpress 200M is not yet fully supported in testing with the open
source Xorg driver "ati". In /var/log/Xorg.0.log I get among others

   (II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering broken on XPRESS 200 and 200M

So no 3D-acceleration (compare "6. IGP" on
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ATIRadeon and
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Radeon200M). The AMD/ATI driver "fglrx"
has 3D-acceleration but its closed source.
There is a petition list on this topic:
http://www.petitiononline.com/x200MLin/petition.html
Maybe you want to join it?
--