Re: Irresponsible user stories!

Gnu_Raiz <Gnu-Raiz@midsouth.rr.com>  said:

> "Cybe R. Wizard" <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> Wrote:

[...]
> >(Is The Circuit Playhouse still around?)
>
> >Cybe R. Wizard
>
> Yeah the Circuit Playhouse is still around but it's been incorporated
> into an new name called the playhouse on the square.

I'm glad they have prospered.  Way back then I worked there on a few
shows, both as actor and stage hand/set designer.  It was a really fun
place and completely staffed by volunteers.  In fact one of the TV
announcers there now (Chris something, the name escapes me ATM) lived
behind me, volunteered at the CP and was in uni at that time.

> They are doing a
> lot of construction on campus probably looks a lot different now then
> back in the day.
>
> http://map.memphis.edu/

DANG!  It /has/ changed.  There were no facilities below the tracks nor
above Central when I was there.

[...]
> Anyway I am a transplant, been here over 10 years my wife was born
> and raised here but some places are pretty rough. If everything goes
> well I should be done with my education in a year to year in a half.
> But I have been at senior status for like 2 years. Oh if your curious
> about why I have sticked with Gnu_Raiz,  it goes back to my Usenet
> days with Alt.binaries just never felt the need to drop it.
>
> Gnu_Raiz

I'm a transplant the other way having been born and living in Memphis
for a long time.  I'm /really/ glad to be away.

But it's nice to meet someone from old Home.  Good luck in school!

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
	Larry Niven, Steven Barnes