Re: [OT] Universities, Linux, M$, USA

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:10:48 -0400
Amy Templeton <amy.g.templeton@gmail.com> wrote:

> P.S.:  They start the MS training early. When I was in high
>        school, they offered classes on how to become
>        "Microsoft Office Certified" or some such nonsense.

This is because Microsoft donates millions of dollars to schools
specifically to sponsor programs that encourage exclusive use of M$
software. At the University of Washington in Seattle (Microsoft's
home town) BG and PA practically bought the UW computing program
(http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=allen09&date=20031009)
subsequently, most of the Unix resources have been replaced by C++
courses and the labs with Windows systems.

I am sure this is happening all over the US, just one of the benefits
of living in a corporate run state. Don't worry EU, your next.

--
Bill Thompson
BillT@Mahagonny.com