More Nvidia Problems

After accidently losing the (proprietory) kernel module, I rebuild it with
their .run program (after having downgraded a lot of stuff to the lib6c from
stable/testing since the Sid one produced unrunnable results).

1. Kicks about its own libnvidiatls files. It puts them there.

2. I can no longer set the screen resolution. No vaid resolutions found!

Any ideas or must we wait until Sid finally gets straightened out?

I also downgraded X but that did not change anything at all.