Re: Etch / ThinkPad 600E / D-Link DFE-690TXD

Matthew K Poer wrote:
I was having this problem on my 600. Try booting with acpi=off kernel
flag. ACPI for some reason conflicts with the pcmcia/cardbus module/s,
at least in the 2.6.x kernel on etch.

Where should I set that kernel flag? I maintained Lilo as the loader as that is what my production servers / firewalls all use. I use XFS on root, and did not know to make a separate /boot as ext3 to get Grub to work.

Consider trying the 2.4 kernel with acpi on to see if it will have this
issue

I successfully used a kernel package from Debian testing for Sarge. Specifically the kernel level was/is: 2.6.12-10.

The battery is dead on the ThinkPad, so it will be of little issue to me! ;-)

Thanks!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems