Re: UTF8 problem with BitTornado in Ubuntu 7.04

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:41:53AM +0200, Daniel Palmer wrote:
> Christian Matschke wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am a linux newbie, sort of. After upgrading from
> >Ubuntu 6.10 to 7.04, I suddenly experience a problem
> >
> I might be wrong but I don't think the Debian mailing lists support
> Ubuntu queries.
> The Debian IRC channels certainly don't.

If you are fortunate, someone will answer you politely and with
good grace. Ubuntu-specific problems and queries will probably
be dealt with better in Ubuntu fora, simply because they are more
familiar there.

Anything Debian-specific is definitely on topic here. Questions from
derivative distributions may be able to be answered - but
there is no guarantee that we will know specifics which pertain to
e.g. Mepis/Mint/Linspire/Xandros/Edubuntu/Kubuntu or the Knoppix
derivatives of the world.

One answer - which will not help you in your current situation -
is "Please install Debian" :) Installing Debian will, at least,
mean that we're talking about a common problem :)

With thanks,

Andy