Re: apache2: no listening sockets

michael:

> michael@manchester-campaigns:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
> Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...apache2: Could not reliably
> determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for
> ServerName

You may want to set ServerName in your apache configuration to get rid
of this warning.

> httpd (no pid file) not running
> apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
> domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
> (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
> 127.0.0.1:80

This means that some program is already listening on localhost:80. It
may be a stale apache process which you could just kill or it is another
webserver you have installed previously. In any case, you can set up
apache to listen on a port other than 80 to mitigate this problem.

J.
--
If nightclub doormen recognised me I would be more fulfilled.
[Agree]   [Disagree]