Re: Where's /dev/lp0 gone in Etch?

jjgnu wrote:
> I just installed Etch on i386 (previously used Sarge). My printer,
> on the parallel port, has stopped working. I'm using LPRng with a
> custom print filter that sends lpd output to /dev/lp0. Unfortunately
> there is no longer any /dev/lp0, despite parport and parport_pc
> modules being loaded.
>
> Any suggestions how I can get /dev/lp0 back (or failing that, some
> other way of sending lpd output to the parallel port)?

Just a wild guess.
In Sarge I could not print to /dev/lp0.
It appeared that the /dev/lp0 device had not been recognized for some
obscure reason, so the output was sent to /dev/other (or something like
that), which did not exist.

In the KDE printer setup I could set the output device to /dev/lp0,
after which it did work.